College Credit Teacher
Limited positions available – French, German and Spanish only.
Credit teachers are responsible for instruction during a four-week session that is the equivalent of one high school year of language instruction, with all levels of language proficiency available in each Village and class groups averaging six to 10 individuals.
Credit teachers evaluate villagers’ progress, assume responsibility for cabin counseling duties and participate in the total Village program.
• Ph.D. or equivalent preferred; M.A. or equivalent considered
• Previous Concordia Language Villages or camping experience preferred
• Experience as a teacher in the target language at the college or university level
• Skills in teaching the target language and content in the target language
• Teach assigned college credit classes, plan syllabus (within Concordia College guidelines) and implement and evaluate the plan
• Ensure that the course meets expectations of the curriculum that was approved by the Concordia College curriculum committee and is of sufficient rigor to merit college-level credit
• Assign final grade and write final evaluations of each college credit villager (typed evaluations will be given to the dean before leaving the program)
• Work under the direction of the dean, and in some instances, of the credit facilitator
• Assume responsibility for counseling duties as designated by the dean and participate in the total Village program
• Provide reports as requested by Concordia College language department chair
• Prior to session, assist with interviewing applicants, as determined by dean and language department chair
Negotiable depending on qualifications, room and board